Cordis Pinnacle Tower
Auckland, New Zealand
Cordis opened its new 17-storey tower in December 2021, becoming New Zealand’s largest hotel by room count including 244 new rooms and suites, executive lounge, character bar, event space and refurbishment to existing restaurants, reception, Spa and a new VIP lobby.
We have a long-standing involvement with the hotel, having previously been engaged as part of Langham’s rebranding of the hotel in 2018 to Cordis, Auckland.
A key focus was to ensure the tower interior would still be in keeping with the existing hotel but would also lift the brand to new heights. The new extension was also intended to maximise the availability of natural light and access to incredible views.
Shaped by a narrative that was developed with the mana whenua of central Tāmaki Makaurau, Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei. It includes Māori concepts of Te Whai Ao (light), Manawa (heart) and Kaitiakitanga (guardianship). The transition starts with a specially curated art promenade, inspired by the landscape of Auckland. Further engagement with local culture and art is invited as guests move through the levels. Selected colours and textures are restrained and refined in keeping with the 5-star luxury brand while also expressing aspects of Aotearoa’s natural environment.
– International Hotel & Property Awards 2022: Winner, Best Hotel Over 200 Rooms – Asia Pacific
– Property Industry Awards: Winner, Tourism & Leisure Property Award 2022
– Best Awards 2022: Finalist, Toitanga Award, Hospitality (Accommodation) Award, Lighting Design Award
– SBID International Design Awards 2022: Finalist, Hotel Bedroom & Suite Design
– IDA Design Awards, Honorable Mention Hotel/Resort Design 2022